Raffle Terms and Conditions
- DESCRIPTION OF RAFFLE. By participating in the Starry Night CAMP Gala Raffle (“the Raffle”) benefitting Children’s Association for Maximum Potential (CAMP), each participant (“Entrant”) is subject to, and agrees to be bound by, these Terms and Conditions which shall be binding and final as to all matters related to the Raffle. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. The Raffle is a fundraising tool to support the charitable efforts of CAMP, and by participating in the Raffle, Entrants acknowledge, understand, and agree that their participation in the Raffle is voluntary and motivated by their desire to make a charitable donation CAMP and not for personal financial gain. CAMP encourages Entrants to participate in the Raffle responsibly. The name of the winner will be posted at gala.campcamp.org on August 30, 2020.
- ELIGIBILITY. Only legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the commencement of the Raffle are eligible to participate in the Raffle, subject to the Terms and Conditions. CAMP has the right to request photo identification from any person desiring to enter the Raffle.
- HOW TO ENTER. Raffle tickets (the “Tickets”) will be available for purchase online at bit.ly/CAMPRaffleTickets. Participants may purchase tickets online between July 1, 2020 through August 27, 2020 for $100.00 each. No discounts or complimentary Tickets will be provided. A receipt for tickets will be emailed to the address provided by the Entrant and is eligible for the Raffle at the 2020 Starry Night CAMP Gala and is not eligible for any past or future drawings. There is no limit to the number of Tickets an Entrant may purchase. All ticket purchases are final—no refunds will be issued.
- PRIZE. Winner will receive a prize equal to $5,000 in Visa Gift Cards. All proceeds from the Raffle will benefit CAMP and the programs offered by CAMP. For more information about CAMP, please visit www.campcamp.org.
- SELECTION OF WINNER. For each ticket purchased, the Entrant will have their name electronically printed on a card that will be placed in a large container. During the 2020 Starry Night Gala on Saturday, August 29th, the winner will be randomly drawn from a pool of all eligible tickets sold. The winning ticket will be announced live during the event and posted online after the Gala concludes. CAMP’s drawing shall be final and binding and no alternative will be selected. In the event Claimant: (a) fails to respond to CAMP after being notified (via email) of a claimed Winning Ticket within ten (10) business days of the applicable drawing; (b) is ruled ineligible for any reason; (c) refuses the prize, the Prize will be forfeited and retained by CAMP. Upon proper presentation and verification of the claimed Winning Ticket, verification of eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions, the Claimant will receive $5,000 in Visa Gift Cards.
- RAFFLE TICKETS ARE NOT TAX DEDUCTIBLE. According to the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”), amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and—therefore—the price paid for a Raffle Ticket is not a qualifying deductible charitable contribution for personal income tax purposes.
- TAXES. Each winning Entrant (“Winner”) shall be responsible for any and all travel, costs, federal, state and local income or excise taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with the Prize. Federal and state withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The award of the Prize will be subject to the withholding laws in effect at the time each Prize is claimed.
- ODDS. Up to 300 tickets will be sold. The odds of a specific Raffle Ticket being the winning Raffle Ticket depends upon the total number of Raffle Tickets purchased for the drawing.
- TRANSFER OF RAFFLE TICKET OR PRIZE. Eligible Entrants who purchase Raffle Tickets may opt to give away the winning prize to other eligible individuals after the winner is drawn, but in doing so the purchaser waives any and all claims he/she might otherwise have to the Prize. Purchasers of Raffle Tickets may not re-sell their Raffle Ticket(s) to other parties. All Raffle Tickets which have been resold in violation of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed void. All individuals who re-sell, purchase, or receive Raffle Tickets in violation of these Terms and Conditions will be ineligible to participate in the Raffle or to win the Prize. A winning Claimant may transfer his/her Prize to a third party provided: (i) the transferee would have otherwise been considered an eligible Entrant under these Terms and Conditions; (ii) the transferee shall be responsible for all taxes and costs described in these Terms and Conditions; and (iii) the transferee shall be bound by all terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions that are applicable to a winning Claimant.
- DISCLAIMER. CAMP reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, any drawing, or who is otherwise in violation of these Terms and Conditions. CAMP further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the Raffle for any reason including—but not limited to—any Raffle that is not capable of completion as planned, infection by tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failure of any sort, fraud, or act of God. CAMP further reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY. By entering into the Raffle, each Entrant agrees to (a) be bound by these Terms and Conditions and (b) INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS CHILDREN’S ASSOCIATION FOR MAXIMUM POTENTIAL (CAMP) from any and all liability with respect to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Raffle, or from any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any Prize.
- GOVERNING LAW, SEVERABILITY. The Raffle and these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to and governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. The venue for any cause of action arising out of the Raffle or these Terms and Conditions shall be located in Bexar County, Texas.
If a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any provision of these Terms and Conditions, or their application to particular persons or circumstances, is invalid or unenforceable to any extent, then the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.