Share Your Story!
There are times we all wish to blend into the background – to go about our daily lives without drawing attention from others. There are also times when we wish to be noticed – to be seen, to be heard, and for others to really get to know us. For many individuals and families in the special needs community, these wishes are answered just the opposite – attention is gained when they just wish to blend in, and they become invisible when they just want others to get to know them.
At CAMP we see these campers and their families. We hear their stories. We get to know them as friends, neighbors, and members of our CAMP Family. We come to understand the challenges they face from a very real and poignant perspective, and we join in celebrating their accomplishments as they reach toward their maximum potential. Our lives are richer because we know them, and we believe the world outside of CAMP needs the opportunity to be enriched by seeing, hearing, and knowing them as well. We invite you to join us on this journey so you, too, may be enriched by their stories – and just maybe, you’ll become a storyteller yourself.
Share YOUR Story!
Help our community see you, hear you, and know you by sharing your story! Stories will be featured before, during, and/or after the 2021 Gala to help inspire others to reach their maximum potential.
- Type your story
- Record yourself telling your story
- Send your typed story, the recorded audio file, and attach your favorite photos of you that relate to your story and email it to [email protected].
Please submit everything before August 6, 2021.
Share Your Creative Expression
Share a poem, artwork, or other creative work with us to display! CAMP would love to showcase your talent and this is just one more way for us to see you, hear you, and know you.
- Email a high resolution pdf, jpg, or png of the creative work to [email protected].
- Include your name, age, and a little about why the work has meaning to you.
- Include at least one picture of you that we can share with your artwork.
- Is this something we can print and auction to benefit CAMP? If so, please let us know!
Please submit everything on or before August 6, 2021.